At the Museum of Sciences, scientific knowledge is fun and easy to anyone. The most significant mineral and paleontologic findings of the land and its geological history, the first human settlements in the region attributed to the Neanderthal Man, as well as Trentino's wild animals are the exhibits of the Museum of Sciences.
It aims to promote scientific knowledge and make it easily accessible to visitors. Since 1982 it has been hosted by Palazzo Sardagna, one of the most beautiful palaces of the transition period from the Renaissance to Baroque in Trento.
It is now a state-of-the-art establishment, also in the field of educational and exhibition initiatives that are always numerous, interesting and especially tailored for children. Accessible to the disabled.
The origins of the Museum date back to 18th century collections of Trento notables, who used to donate natural objects to the newly born museum located in the City Hall.
The collections featured minerals, rocks and molluscs, in addition to other antiquities and archeological artefacts.
In 1922 the Civic Museum of Natural History of Trento was officially established, and turned into the Tridentine Museum of Natural Sciences in 1964, boasting several branches located throughout the region: the Alpine Botanical Garden of Viote on Mount Bondone; the Lake-dwellings Museum of Molina di Ledro; the Arboretum of Arco; the Climate Observatory of Roncafort and the Julius Payer Glaciological Centre of Mandron in Val Genova.